The experienced family law counsel you need

Banner Responsive

During this difficult time,

You need an attorney you can trust

Is Relocation In The Future? We Can Help.

It is not uncommon that at some time after a divorce or separation, one parent wants to relocate and the other parent has no plans to move. There are many statutes and rules of practice and procedure that govern what the relocating parent must do in order to even request the ability to relocate with a child. One of these is the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, or UCCJEA, which has been enacted in all 50 states. The UCCJEA navigates jurisdictional issues involving cases where the parents and/or children live in two different states.

Our attorneys at Devine Law, PLLC, have litigated many cases involving parental relocations and the UCCJEA, and we have taught continuing legal education classes to our peers regarding this subject. We understand family and child custody laws, and we know how to help our clients resolve any legal matter.

Talk To An Experienced Attorney Today

There are many laws put in place that are difficult to understand. Our attorneys can help you understand your options and your rights. If you or the other parent of your child is considering relocating, reach out to us at 859-535-0085 for a consultation. You can also fill out our contact form by clicking here.